Appointments vs. Drop-Off Times
While we are more than happy to schedule 'while-you-wait' oil services (they take 30 minutes) and other quick maintenance services for our regular customers, we most often schedule 'Drop-Off Times' rather than 'Appointments' for other types of work. Typically, our clients leave their vehicles and we sequence them into our work flow on a 'first come, first serve' basis.
Because of the wide variety of automotive services we provide, we typically do not schedule appointments like a barber or hair-dresser. However, unless it is a difficult or unusual problem, we'll most often have the customer's car done the same day.
Most repairs and services can come with a 12 month/12,000 mile nationwide warranty.
Car Rental Information
For those who would need to rent a car while their vehicle is in the shop we have provided some nearby options, below. Often they will offer a special discount to those who have their cars in for service or repair. Sometimes, to get that discount one may need to ask for the "insurance replacement rate." Also, Enterprise advertises pickup and drop-off as part of their service.
- Avis at Hilton Gainesville 1714 SW 34th St Gainesville, FL: 352-371-2424
- Enterprise 3423 SW Williston Rd Gainesville, FL (Williston Rd & I-75): 352-371-7141, option 4
- Enterprise 730 W University Ave Gainesville, FL: 352-336-3390, option 4
- If you are traveling and breakdown after hours we are just adjacent and south of the Home2 Suites by Hilton. This the newest hotel property within a 1/2 mile of the University of Florida.
- Your car is being towed to the shop during normal operating hours, and you are unable to be there. Unable, or prefer not to have to ride in to the shop with the tow truck driver? While waiting for the tow truck, use this link Print Form to print out the form at home, fill it out, and leave it on the front seat of your car (see instructions below). If it's after hours just ask the tow truck driver drop your key through the mail slot in the office door. We'll have all your contact information on the completed form, and will call you after we've checked out your vehicle. AAA MEMBERS, PLEASE NOTE: AAA tow policy requires someone to be with the vehicle when it is picked up, and they require someone to be on the receiving end, as well. So, when having your car towed to the shop by AAA after hours, depending on your situation, they may ask you to meet the tow truck when it gets to the shop with your vehicle.
- Forgot to leave us your completed form when you dropped off your car after hours?. No problem. Click this Print Form link and send it to us (see instructions below). This will save you an extra trip to the shop.
Book a room at the Home2 Suites by Hilton next door! - Print Form link (instructions below), and fill it out in the comfort of your home or office. When you get to the shop after hours, just drop the form and your keys through the mail slot in the office door. There are envelopes in the receptacle to the right of the office door. If you forgot to print the form at home, blank forms are also in the receptacle.
Instructions for the Print Blank Repair Form link:
- Click the Print Form link.
- Please print the form.
- Read the form.
- Fill out the form. If you have scheduled online. You will have already provided us with much of the information for the form. Just check the check-box and sign in two places. We can enter the details for you.
- Check one of the 3 boxes at the lower left side of the form. Please see explanation of the 3 check-box options, below. The 2nd check-box gives you the more flexible Verbal Option.
- Sign the form in two (2) place on the bottom.
- Get it to us:
- Leave it on the front seat of your car.
- Scan it and email it to us (when saving scan: please save as a .pdf file). SEND Email
- Fax the form to 352 - 378 - 8649
- You can even take a picture of it with your smart phone, and email it to us.
3 Check-Boxes on Lower Left of Form
- CHECK-BOX #1: Written Estimate Option. Checking this option you will automatically be liable for up to $100 in charges, as needed. With this option, no additional authorization is required for us to charge up to $100. This option all your repair decisions are required in writing before we may proceed with any work you want done. Should changes be necessary, all subsequent written repair decisions must be in writing, and signed. We must have to have your written and signed repair decisions at the shop before we may proceed with repairs. Using option #1, you will not be permitted to authorize any repairs verbally.
- CHECK-BOX #2: Verbal Estimate Option (note: the last two word of this option are "oral approval." Checking this second box means you are okay with us speaking with you about your repair options by phone or in person. This option allows more flexibility, and also covers text messages and email. If you wish, you may write any amount you are comfortable with in the blank to the right of your check mark. We may not even need to go up to that amount, depending on what you would like us to do. However, we absolutely will not exceed this amount unless we have contacted you first, and you have given us your approval. If you leave it blank we will not go over $100 without first contacting you. With this option any changes or additions may be carried out conveniently by phone, text message, email, or in person. We will document your approval with a date and time stamp on your final invoice.
- CHECK-BOX #3: No Estimate Option. Check the third box if you DO NOT want an estimate before we do the repairs. Checking the third box is your direction for us to simply do what is needed without any monetary limit, or advance communication.
Filling out the form
If you have scheduled online you will have provided the information below so we can enter this for you.
Vehicle Information: Model and Color is fine here. Please just fill in the most basic information, for example, license plate (tag) number, year, model and color of your vehicle. Unless you want to, don't worry about the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), production date, and other details. We can get that information for you when the vehicle arrives.
Client Information: Fill out this area completely including complete name, complete LOCAL ADDRESS and APARTMENT NUMBER, email address, phone numbers, etc. If you're just passing through town, write down the address where you live.
Description of Concerns: Something basic is good here. For example, "does not crank" or "cranks but does not start." You may want to read the Communicating with your Service Advisor page on our website. It's helpful for us to know how long you have had the concern and what, if anything, may have lead up to the concern. If you need more room use the back of the form. If you, a friend, or relative think you may know what is causing the concern, that's cool. But we still need to know: "What is your concern with the vehicle?" That is, what the vehicle is not doing that you would like it to do or, what it's doing that you prefer it would not do.
That's all there is to it. We'll take care of the rest. Thanks for your help!
"UF Students ride free with a Gator i.d." Carrsmith Auto Repair Auto Repair is on Gainesville Regional Transit System (RTS) Bus Route #13. Buses on Route #13 run from Carrsmith Auto Repair Auto Repair to the UF Campus every 15 minutes from 6:30 am to 5:30 pm, and every 30 minutes from 5:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. For more up-to-date information please link to http://www.go-rts.com for route maps, schedules, holidays, service-off days, reduced service days, and other details.
Here's the route map and schedule! - http://www.go-rts.com/Summer07/schedules/rt43.html
Is work or school at Santa Fe College? Check out the route #43 map. Bus #43, which goes to SFC, leaves the stops listed below every hour all day.
Our car repair services location is on US Highway 441 south, a 1/2 mile south of UF Campus (Archer Road). We are a 1/4 mile south and on the opposite side from Steak & Shake at SW 13th Street & SW 16 Avenue. We are across from Dollar General and LaTienda Mexican Restaurant, adjacent and south of the Home2 Suites by Hilton.