Appointments vs. Drop-Off Times
Appointments are actually for a pre-planned, or scheduled drop-off time. No 'walk-ins,'or 'while-you-wait' services. We schedule 'Drop-Off Times' rather than 'Appointments'. Typically, our clients leave their vehicles, which are then sequenced into our work flow on a 'first come-first serve' basis.
Because of the wide variety of automotive services we provide, we typically do not schedule appointments like a barber or hair-dresser.
Most repairs and services are offered with a 36 month/36,000 mile nationwide warranty.
Car Rental Information
- Enterprise 3423 SW Williston Rd Gainesville, FL (1.3 miles away near Williston Rd at I-75): 352-371-7141, option 4.
- Avis at Hilton Gainesville 2 miles away at 1714 SW 34th St Gainesville, FL: 352-371-2424.
- Enterprise 730 W University Ave Gainesville, FL: 352-336-3390, option 4.
- Hertz 3620 N Main St Gainesville, FL: 352-376-3123.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott 3877 SW 37 Blvd, (352) 745-7777.
- Drury Inn & Suites, 4000 SW 40th Blvd, (352) 372-5600.
- Hampton Inn 4225 SW 40th Blvd, (352) 371-4171.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott, 4155 SW 40th Blvd, (352) 376-8873.
- Sleep Inn & Suites, 4110 SW 40th Blvd, (352) 559-5680.
- Super 8 by Wyndham, 4202 SW 40th Blvd, (352) 888-4260.
- Your car is being towed to the shop during normal operating hours, and you are unable to be there. Unable, or prefer not to have to ride in to the shop with the tow truck driver? While waiting for the tow truck, use this Print Form link to print out the form at home, fill it out, and leave it on the front seat of your car (see instructions below). If it's after hours please ask the tow truck driver to slide your key through the mail slot in the office door. Use our schedule online form to send us your contact information. We'll contact you before we begin work on your vehicle. AAA MEMBERS, PLEASE NOTE: AAA tow policy requires someone to be with the vehicle when it is picked up, and they require someone to be on the receiving end, as well. So, when having your car towed to the shop by AAA after hours, depending on your situation they may, or may not ask you to meet the tow truck when it gets to the shop with your vehicle.
- If you do not have time to complete the form when dropping off your car after hours, to save you an extra trip to the shop, we can send you an edoc version that allows for a digital signature.
- Click the Print Print Form.
- Please print the form.
- Read the form.
- Fill out the form. If you have scheduled online. You will have already provided us with much of the information for the form. Just check the check-box and sign in two places. We can enter the details for you.
- Check one of the 3 boxes at the lower left side of the form. Please see explanation of the 3 check-box options, below. The 2nd check-box gives you the more flexible Verbal Option.
- Sign the form in two (2) place on the bottom.
- Get it to us:
- Leave it on the front seat of your car.
- Scan it and email it to us (when saving scan: please save as a .pdf file). SEND Email
- You can even take a picture of it with your smart phone, and email it to us.
- CHECK-BOX #1: Written Estimate Option. Checking this option you will automatically be liable for up to $100 in charges, as needed. With this option, no additional authorization is required for us to charge up to $100. This option all your repair decisions are required in writing before we may proceed with any work you want done. Should changes be necessary, all subsequent written repair decisions must be in writing, and signed. We must have to have your written and signed repair decisions at the shop before we may proceed with repairs. Using option #1, you will not be permitted to authorize any repairs verbally.
- CHECK-BOX #2: Verbal Estimate Option (note: the last two word of this option are "oral approval." Checking this second box means you are okay with us speaking with you about your repair options by phone or in person. This option allows more flexibility, and also covers text messages and email. If you wish, you may write any amount you are comfortable with in the blank to the right of your check mark. We may not even need to go up to that amount, depending on what you would like us to do. However, we absolutely will not exceed this amount unless we have contacted you first, and you have given us your approval. If you leave it blank we will not go over $100 without first contacting you. With this option any changes or additions may be carried out conveniently by phone, text message, email, or in person. We will document your approval with a date and time stamp on your final invoice.
- CHECK-BOX #3: No Estimate Option. Check the third box if you DO NOT want an estimate before we do the repairs. Checking the third box is your direction for us to simply do what is needed without any monetary limit, or advance communication.
For those who would need to rent a car while their vehicle is in the shop we have provided some nearby options, below. Also, Enterprise advertises pickup and drop-off as part of their service.
Tip: People under 21 may have some luck renting from Hertz.
If you are traveling and breakdown after hours you may have your vehicle towed to the shop, and use our online scheduler to send us your contact information.
Here are some nearby motel options, all within about 1-1/2 miles of the shop:
Dropping off your vehicle after hours.
Instructions for the Print Blank Repair Form link:
Three (3) Check-Boxes in the Lower Left Hand Corner of the Form:
Filling Out the Form:
If you have scheduled online you will have provided the information below so we can enter this for you.
Vehicle Information: Model and Color is fine here. Please just fill in the most basic information, for example, license plate (tag) number, year, model and color of your vehicle. Unless you want to, don't worry about the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), production date, and other details. We can get that information for you when the vehicle arrives.
Client Information: Fill out this area completely including complete name, complete LOCAL ADDRESS and APARTMENT NUMBER, email address, phone numbers, etc. If you're just passing through town, write down the address where you live.
Description of Concerns: Something basic is good here. For example, "does not crank" or "cranks but does not start." You may want to read the Communicating with your Service Advisor page on our website. It's helpful for us to know how long you have had the concern and what, if anything, may have lead up to the concern. If you need more room use the back of the form. If you, a friend, or relative think you may know what is causing the concern, that's cool. But we still need to know: "What is your concern with the vehicle?" That is, what the vehicle is not doing that you would like it to do or, what it's doing that you prefer it would not do.
That's all there is to it. We'll take care of the rest. Thanks for your help!
Taxi Cab Service
For those wanting taxi service we highly recommend Natt at Safety Cab 352-372-1444.
"UF Students ride free with a Gator i.d." Carrsmith is near the Gainesville Regional Transit System (RTS) Bus Route. Several buses run from the SW 34th St near Carrsmith to the UF Campus every 30-60 minutes from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm. For detailed, up-to-date information please link to http://www.go-rts.com for route maps, schedules, holidays, service-off days, reduced service days, and other details.
Google Maps is also a great reference for Bus routes and schedule! Also, a lot of people use the "Rider" bus route app, and many are now using the ride services
Is work or school at Santa Fe College? Check out RTS!
We are located at 3711 SW 42nd Ave, Gainesville, FL. This address will work well with Google Maps. This location is conveniently located but, depending on one's familiarity with the SW Industrial Park, may not always be easy to find. The SW Industrial Park is .9 mile south of Archer Road on SW 34th Street at SW 42nd Ave.